Lameboy DS 0.12

Considering it’s been over a year since last version released, there’s not many changes in this version. However I just recently returned to the lameboy project and started with some small issues. It is possible that you won’t need to wait another year for the next release.

Lameboy DS 0.12

Change log:

• fixed: better interrupt timing (should fix Mario Land 2 boss levels)
  • fixed: multipacket SGB messages (fixes Pokemon R/G/B in battle color overlays)
  • added: backlight of the menu screen is turned off when not used
  • added: fullscreen scaling (ignores aspect ratio)

563 Responses to “Lameboy DS 0.12”

1. Sit on "it" and "rotate" says:

It’s been a long time since Nutki gave us some news. “I am alive but overwhelmed with personal issues” would suffice…

I’m just saying.

2. Gamer Bob says:

Excellent Emulator for all those classic game boy titles.

It seems to be the most compatible one up to date.

The only thing I’m not going crazy about is is the stretched screen filter. It could be way smoother.

3. moequapiie12 says:

when i try to save pokemon crystal it works
    but as soon as i reboot my ds it only says new game
    no continue

4. linkmaster95 says:

how do i play lameboy on my action replay DSi. i have lameboy, but when i load it, it doesn’t show any games. all i get is [..]. i can still change the settings though

5. Thies says:

nutki says that we don’t have to wait another year…
    but i am waiting a loooooooooooooong time.

6. Nathan the king says:

pokemon crystal works but save file cant be loaded just says new game

7. asdf says:

He/she doesn’t owe us anything, not even an exlanation. Quit your bitching.

8. Dion_LAWL says:

Where do i download the games for it?

9. cherry hermann says:

hi at all

10. Zhane Kiseki says:

Hey, I’ve just recently discovered Lameboy DS and it works great. The one problem I have is that, I’ve been playing Pokemon Silver on an emulator on the PC, and when I try to copy the .sav file of Pokemon Silver into my Lameboy DS file and run it on my DS, there is no .sav file, it’s like I’m starting a new game instead of continuing where I left off from my PC. Anyone know a solution to this? Please and thanks.

11. merda says:

can i use gameshark codes on the lameboy???

12. Elranzer says:

Two games, Rolan’s Curse and Rolan’s Curse II, are unable to start for some reason. On both games, you cannot press Start to start the game from the title screen. But the game isn’t frozen, as you can use the D-pad to move the cursor around. A very strange bug.

It’s not bad ROM dumping, as the two games work in other emulators, such as VisualBoy Advance.

It’s too bad as these two games are both very fun, Zelda-style overhead action-RPGs.

13. Ace says:

Dude..Im Using an EDGE 1.9 and using a Lameboy DS .12 4 of my game are not working they are
    – Golden Sun The Lost Age
    – Medabots Rokusho version
    – Zoids Saga
    – Summon night 1 sword something cant remember
    pls make a Reply Help me!

14. nitro2k01 says:

Ace: Gameboy, not Gameboy Advance.

15. Ace says:

Um Nitro sorry i did not read it hehe where can u give me a link to the site that i can download some

16. Nadzz says:

Please fix the Pokemon Yellow Pikachu cry, than my gbc life will be complete 🙂

17. GameWarrior says:

Best emulator up to date but no more update? I hope this project still live.

18. Blitzen says:

You sir, rock! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

19. Thies says:

I really hope he will look at this project again and give an update!

20. Pucky says:

It’s alive!!!!!(hope this one works on my ds ^_^)

21. Kevin says:

This is the best GB/GBC emulator on DS, thanks to the developer.
    Hope for the new version!

22. Fan says:

Less than a month and a half for the year mark.

We know you can do it, Nutki. Keep up that awesome work of yours.

23. jeep says:

preety cool emulator, but it missed few things from goomba for gba. I talkin about palette colour – much more about 15 sets other for sprites and background. And X button as regular/wide switcher should be regular/wide/streched. Goomba can also show things out of the screen, so resolution could be wider.

24. Xenogiaz says:

The energy bar in the bottom menu flickers like crazy in megaman (1).

25. Jeff says:

Great Emulator!

I’ve been having a really good time playing my favorite games from the good ole days!

This program works really well!

Thank you.

26. Bain says:

It works perfectly ! Thanks you for your great work ! I hope you will post an other version, with Linker cable compatibility !

27. James says:

Sneaky Snakes doesnt work.

28. Radish says:

I’m having trouble loading the .sav file from my flashcard (Lameboy DS 0.12) into VBA (Version 1.7.2). I transfer the file (Pokemon Red (U) [S][!].gb) and save to the directory. VBA loads the rom, but as soon as I load the .sav the starts running at 400%+. I select Continue and the rom freezes. Any advice?

29. Lochie says:

Hey,

Does this emulator only support GBColour, or GBA as well??

30. Radish says:

@Lochie: Lameboy only supports Gameboy/Gameboy Color Games.

31. Radish says:

SOLVED

I was able to open the save file using TGB Dual. For anyone else that encounters this problem download a file called TGBDUE-7_2053-0_96.zip

32. kelso says:

all of my pokemon games except poke trading card game, let me save but when i restart my DS it just says new game and option. there is no continue 🙁 help?

33. Radish says:

@kelso

Tap on the bottom screen, use the D-Pad to scroll done to “State slot” then change the value to State slot 1,2,etc. Use the save/load function to save/load the game.

34. Teun says:

i hope one will be released for gameboy advance

35. Yohko86 says:

I downloaded Lameboy DS a few days ago and I LOVE it! I like how the interface is simple yet (very) effective!

I am wondering about the frame-rate issues with CPU-intensive games such as Shantae: maybe you could look into putting a Slot-2 device (EZ Flash 3-in-1 or M3 GBA Expansion) usage option into your emu since some game like Shantae need a lot extra “stuff” to run it smoother since that’s why Slot-2 expansion packs were made anyway (to provide extra memory and such).

Otherwise, this the greatest GB/GBC emulator I’ve ever used. You’re going a great job!

36. Fan 2.0 says:

Less than 20 days for the year mark.

We know you can do it, Nutki. Keep up that awesome work of yours.

37. Kraze says:

Lameboy works almost flawlessly for me.

The one problem I am having is with the sound inn Nettou King of Fighters 96. The sound of the charging up, kicks and punches don’t seem to play. Is there a fix for this?

38. Marcus César says:

Hi,
    Lameboy offers suport for gamelink in the “Dragon Warrior Monster 2”? And in other games?
    Thanks ans sorry fot ther bad english…

39. John says:

Hi, I dont get it :S, I dont see the games in the lameboy, but i copied them in the same folder as it. help is appreciated :s

40. Jonez says:

I have problems booting the Kirby GB, GBC games.
    Can you fix this please?

Ps: 0.13 must come any moment now. Your year is almost passed…

41. LameboyFAN says:

@John at the end of the games are they .gbc? You can not load zip files. If your games are ZIP files then you have to extract them.

42. 漫魂 says:

I found a bug: when I play the game Pokemon yellow, there is no voice of Pikachu, I don’t know why.

43. haddy says:

Pokemon gold/silver fix please
    it isn’t working

44. Etal says:

Year.

45. i386 says:

YEAR!! NUTKI WHERE ARE U!? ^^;

Is Lameboy supposed to rumble btw? As it doesn’t rumble here with “3 in 1 PLUS” device..

46. felixsrg says:

More than a year (actually are only 2 days after it). But please say you are still there.

47. korki says:

When I save my game for pokemon crystal, it saves. But, when I play it again, it doesn’t load. What should I do?!?!?!?

48. Chris says:

Awesome emulator! Thanks for giving back my childhood 🙂

I love you 😉

49. ryan says:

hello all, i noticed also it has been a while since the last comment…I’ve read through all of them and am having what seems to be an undisscussed problem. 🙁 i have noticed, that when i save my game in the ongame menu,
    not the state save, but in game save, im not getting a .sav file. i’m wondering if anyone has/had this problem, and if so, how/if they fixed it. the main reason i’m wondering is so i can put my save on vba for gs codes. so im not haveing very good luck. =[ any help would be appreciated!

50. Davy says:

It works perfect, thanks!